Actual date-of-birth for Lustheim is May 6, 1684. This day saw the beginning of the demolition of the “Renatusklause” (Renatus hermitage) built by Wilhelm V (1548-1626) to make space for Bavarian Elector Max Emanuel’s Lustheim hunting lodge. The hermitage was later relocated to Lustheim’s southern pavilion. The village of Lustheim developed out of day-laborers’ huts alongside the eastern wall of the palace garden. For a long time there was the persistent rumor that captured Turks from the times of Max Emanuel (1662-1726) had settled there.