Neuherberg - The `Kalte Herberge` near the Munich city limits

District Neuherberg

This town district is located in the south-eastern part of the municipality where the roads “Staatsstraße 2053” from Lustheim to Munich and “Ingolstädter Landstraße” converge. When Elector Maximilian extended his property in Schleißheim at the beginning of the 17th century, h …mehr

District Mittenheim

Not taking into account the Franciscan hermitage commissioned by Duke Wilhelm V (1548-1626), a rather exact date-of-birth can be ascertained for Mittenheim as well: September 2, 1716. On this day, Elector Max Emanuel (1662-1726) put on record at the Dachau district court “that he had the inten …mehr
Kirche in Mallertshofen

District Mallertshofen

In the mid-19th-century, the house and tax register for the tax community of Oberschleißheim (kept at the Bavarian State Archives in Munich) listed the small Mallertshofen farm as property of the Kgl. Staatsgutverwaltung (royal holdings administration) in Schleißheim and itemized: one residential ho …mehr

District Lustheim

Actual date-of-birth for Lustheim is May 6, 1684. This day saw the beginning of the demolition of the “Renatusklause” (Renatus hermitage) built by Wilhelm V (1548-1626) to make space for Bavarian Elector Max Emanuel’s Lustheim hunting lodge. The hermitage was later relocated to Lus …mehr
Kreuzstraße ´Tafernwirtschaft´ (tavern inn)

District Kreuzstraße

The name, which could be translated as “cross road”, relates to the fact that here two roads – Staatsstraße 2053 to Freising and Bundesstraße 13, also called Ingolstädter Landstraße – intersect. Only the relatively few buildings situated to the east and west of the “Kre …mehr
Hochmutting cemetery, ca. 1930

District Hochmutting

In the course of its more than thousand years’ history, Hochmutting has changed ownership several times. At the end of the 16th century, by the time the Bavarian Duke Wilhelm V finally bought the property, Oberhochmutting (Upper Hochmutting) – where today the cemetery is located –  …mehr
Badersfeld - Staatliche Versuchsgüterverwaltung (state research farm administration office)

District Badersfeld

By a decree of the State Ministry of the Interior dated January 3, 1924, Oberschleißheim’s most western town district was named “Badersfeld”. This was also to honor Franz Xaver Bader (1881-1958), whose successful cultivation of barren marshland meant a new chance for many people to …mehr

drucken nach oben